Friday, December 7, 2018

10021, Viridius the green dragon

With the forthcoming release of the Bones version of Viridius the Great Dragon on December 17, 2018 it is a pleasure for me to unveil today my work on a pewter version of this winged giant. Here it is, 10021 Viridius protector of the Woodspike forest sculpted by Jason Wiebe. As you can see, there was enough space behind its frilled head to add horns. So, I made a set of giant goat-like horns and a set of stag antlers. The horns and antlers have a metal armature “finishing nail” and they are held in place by magnets that I glued in holes I drilled in the dragon skull.

It was a long-term project, I started working on it in June last summer. I hope you will like it and that my work will be a source of inspiration for some of you. I used Army Painter Goblin Green primer, Games Workshop inks, Reaper MSP acrylic paint and traditional brushes, no airbrush. I used real rock on the base and natural roots for the trees. The synthetic grass is mainly from Woodland Scenics.

Click on the pictures to see the full size version.

























No comments:

Post a Comment