Tuesday, June 11, 2019

Cat Critters Display Base

Well, Hello! I completed the Cat Critters display base. I went for a simple arrangement this time. It’s a thematic chest-like display board. I opted for a Roman style setup; mosaic pavement tiling, marble pillars and royal purple flowers.

It was interesting to work with different product from many companies on this project. The CatCritters are from Darksword Miniatures, they were all sculpted by talented David Summers.
Here’s for the technical information; The marble lions are from Reaper Miniatures, 77341 and were Sculpted by Geoff Valley. The pillars are from Wizkids. I made the pavement texture using a Green Stuff World rolling pin. The background wall was made with a Town Square from Tabletop World. The cavalry base I mounted the lion statues on are from Games Workshop. The synthetic grass and tuft are from the Army Painter, Woodland Scenics and Green Stuff World. Lastly, I made the vine-like tree with real roots. To build the board I also used a pine plank, Masonite hard board, Milliput, Jovi Plastilina, Green Stuff natural stones and sand. To paint the models and the display base I used Reaper Miniatures MSP paint and Citadel inks.

The hardest part was taking the pictures, Sorry for the blurry areas.
For you my friends.
Thanks for stopping by.

Click the pictures to enlarge.














No comments:

Post a Comment