Friday, March 12, 2021

Tabletop World Water Well

 Tabletop World Water Well painted with Reaper Miniatures MSP paint.

My main goal was to add weathering effect on the well lid and wood. I painted the lid using the non metallic metal (nmm) technique and then added the verdigris effect. For the copper nmm I used 09030 Leather Brown, 09031 Tanned Leather, 29825 Tusk Ivory and 09039 Pure White. Then, for the verdigris I used a blend of 29848 Jungle Camo, 09294 Alien Goo and 09282 Maggot White.

I also added rust effect on the metal parts as well as rust stains on the wood (below the nails mainly). I finally added shading 09255 Black Wash on some areas to give more contrast to the wooden beams and shingles.

Although it doesn’t really show, I added water effect in the bucket. I also added the vine growing alongside the beam on the opposite side of the crank wheel, moss between the shingles and various other plants and flowers.













No comments:

Post a Comment