Friday, May 7, 2021

Perils of the Underworld

Here is my Perils of the Underworld diorama. The building WIP can be found here and the painting WIP here. To realize this diorama, I used Reaper Miniatures model and MSP paint only.

The whole idea of this project started with the gemstone the gnome is holding in her left hand. I converted 03082 Ingrid the female gnome sculpted by Derek Schubert as a svirfneblin prospector. (Svirfneblin is the name given to deep gnome in the Forgotten Realms lore). She is exploring the Underworld in search of precious minerals. She's riding her faithful familiar the 14453 hunting cat sculpted by Sandra Garrity. They are taken as prey by an ambushed 03602 stone lurker sculpted by Kevin Williams. There is also a 02018 bat from the familiar pack 1 hanging from its perch and several mushrooms I sculpted in green stuff to complete the scene.

The mushroom I sculpted are all found in the Forgotten Realms lore, the blue ones are called nightlight fungus, the round ones on the ground at the back of the display are called timmask, the pink ones are glowcap mushroom and the ones growing on the roots are  ripplebark. It took me about 90 hours of work to do this diorama, not including the time I spent preparing the WIP. Enjoy!

















No comments:

Post a Comment