Monday, August 29, 2022

Gothic church 3d printed tabletop model

 Here are pictures of the gothic church that I finished painting last week. This model was designed by Alessandro Damiano. For reference, the miniatures pictured with the building are 25mm scale Reaper Miniatures.

The images inside the building were printed on paper before being glued on the walls. A total of three hundred and thirty pieces were printed and glued to create the walls, ceiling, roof and bell towers of this church. I printed everything on a Prusa i3 MK3S and an Elegoo mars 2 pro printer. The details of the model are beautiful and I enjoyed learning how to use my printers as well.

To date the project has taken approximately 650 hours; 400 hours of printing, 50 hours of preparation and assembly, and around 200 to paint everything. I used a beige colored undercoat and painted everything with brushes, not airbrush.

I haven't finished this project yet. In addition to a base, I want to add a graveyard. There will also be a few more surprises along the way. So, more to come in September.
 



















No comments:

Post a Comment